Boykin Cottage

Built 1959

Funded by Callaway Foundation

Girls’ residential care

Boykin Cottage was constructed in 1959 with $70,000 from the Fuller Callaway Foundation of LaGrange, Georgia with the assistance of architects Bothwell and Nash of Marietta. It was named for Judge Samuel J. Boykin of Carrollton. Now, it is home to 15 young women in Murphy-Harpst’s Residential Care program.